Friday, June 28, 2013

61 : Find the Humor

Over the past several months, I had spent a lot of time debating what I would do in the future.  As I already mentioned, I tried to stay positive and keep myself focused on one day at a time (see post #56).  The unknown was very overwhelming. I considered moving to a new apartment to officially have a fresh start, but decided against it for a number of reasons.  First of all, I didn't want to spend the money to move while I was going through a divorce (see post #32). Second, the fact that my children and nanny were well adjusted to our current neighborhood made me feel like it was best for all of us if we stayed put.  And then one afternoon, I was thrown a curveball.  I learned that my landlord wanted to put my apartment up for sale at the end of my lease.  Upon hearing this news, I psychotically laughed to myself that I could now add "homeless" to my current description.  37 YEAR OLD HOMELESS DIVORCÉ SINGLE MOTHER OF TWO.  Well, why not sign up for Facebook today with a hot profile like that? I knew this wasn't the time to be self deprecating, but what else could I do in this situation other than find the humor?  It was just more material for my book (see post #31).  I would have to deal with this eventually (and I would) but for now I would just have a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment