Thursday, June 13, 2013

46 : Do Some Spring Cleaning

Over the course of my marriage, I had collected a thing or two.  My husband often teased me of not be sentimental, but he was wrong there- I held onto things that mattered most to me.  Like cards.  I have several cards from him.  Our anniversary.  My birthday.  Mothers day.  I kept these things tucked in my bedside table drawer so I could reference them easily.  He had always been extremely thoughtful about those days...until he decided to leave me.  Then suddenly I had a pile of cards that did nothing but cause me extreme pain and self doubt every time I saw them.  These were once cherished memories.  What was I to do with them?  I opened my drawer in an unassuming manner one day and saw the collection of cards starring back at me.  I couldn't handle the site of them.  Call it spring cleaning, call it downsizing, what have you- I needed to be rid of these. I couldn't move forward holding onto a past life that no longer existed.  Our relationship was beyond the point of redemption and knowing this I tossed the cards in the garbage.  I instantly felt lighter.   I had enough on my plate, I didn't need to be reminded of what once was.  I would continue to put my energy towards the future- whatever that held.


No comments:

Post a Comment