Monday, June 17, 2013

50 : Get a New Scent

My parents were in town visiting one weekend and my dad offered to run some errands for me.  I already had my Target list ready to go, and while I felt bad sending my dad to Target on a Saturday- he offered so I took him up on it.  I was a single mom now after all, and I needed to take advantage of the help when I had it.  Off my dad went to buy me some deodorant, body wash and diapers among other things.  He with returned with all the items I needed plus two bottles of wine (good dad!).  As I was putting my stuff away I noticed that while he purchased the brands that I told him to buy, he had gotten some different varieties than what I typically used.  It's crazy how such a small thing like that can make a difference.  As I got ready later that day, I couldn't believe how good it felt just to use a new product.  I was different now, I might as well smell different.  I wasn't sure if my husband would even recognize this and I certainly wasn't doing it for that purpose, but it felt good to make that small change.  There was something about me now that he no longer knew and I liked that. Things were different now.  I was different.  I was ready to start my next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment