Saturday, June 22, 2013

55 : Go Out and Have Your Ex Babysit

I know, I know- it's not babysitting when they are your kids.  Well correction:  When your husband abandons you it IS babysitting when he agrees to come over on a Friday night so you can go out.  My team at work had a summer outing that we planned every year.  We went to the Cubs game and each year an innocent "team building" afternoon turned into a drunken debacle.  It was unexpected the first year, but with every year following there was increased anticipation.  Last year I had actually been pregnant for the outing, and now fast forward a year and I was getting a divorce.  How f**ked up was that?  It was still unbelievable to me.  In any event, the major changes in my personal life, only made me all the more excited to go out with my colleagues this year.  I'm sure my nanny would have been willing to stay late that night, but let's be honest- the last thing I wanted was for my nanny to see me all silly after a day of drinking.  So I decided to do the unthinkable.  I asked my husband (soon to be ex) to help.  Fortunately for me, he was in a good head space at the time and agreed without hassle.  He even encouraged me to have fun and stay out as late as I wanted.  And have fun I certainly would!  I giggled to myself at the thought of coming home at 4am (and with a guy) while my ex lay on my couch.  Of course I was far too logical to do something like that - I had to be a single mom to 2 boys the next day- I needed to be able to function!  (Plus I was 37- who the hell wanted to stay out until 4am anymore?)  But the thought still made me smile.  A little evil yes, but after everything he had put me through I allowed myself to have a couple evil thoughts.  I would go out, have fun and see where the night took me...

No comments:

Post a Comment