Tuesday, October 15, 2013

170 : It Could Happen to Anyone

I have those days, when I'm feeling down on myself.  I think we all have them, right?  I don't have them every day and they seem to have become less and less.  But when I do have them, it's intense, and I begin to wallow in that negative place.  One day I was feeling this way, and happened to be flipping through my US Weekly when I came across a picture of Sandra Bullock.  Now here was an amazing woman.  Talented.  Funny.  Smart.  And in this picture in particular, she looked gorgeous and was smiling with a purpose.  Here was someone who at the top of her game, was completely betrayed by her spouse in a very public manner.  Sandy - yes, I'm actually calling her Sandy - reminded me that this could happen to anyone.  Even Sandra Fricken Bullock.  And here she was, now years later, smiling, resilient, beautiful.  There was something to be said about seeing someone happy and flourishing after living though a bad situation.  If anyone had, it was Sandy.  It could be done.  And someday it would be me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment