Sunday, June 9, 2013

42 : Give Out Your Number

I was out with a friend the other Saturday night enjoying a few adult beverages.  It was one of those randomly fun nights- not that my friend wasn't fun (that's not at all what I meant!) but it was one of those nights where you have no expectation and it turns out to be a really fun night.  Those are the best.  Like the happy hour after work that suddenly goes on until 11 at night because you are having such a good time.  Well, let's be honest, I hadn't had one of those in years.  And then suddenly I was in a situation where I had the freedom to do things on the weekend.  My kids were with their dad.  It was still a weird thought, but I had been doing my best to make the most of it.  So back to that night.  We were out having fun and met a couple guys.  Not sure how we even started talking with them, but we did.  I needed to practice my flirting abilities- it was innocent enough but I had been out of the mix for nearly 6 years.  We continued drinking and talking for maybe another hour after meeting- did I mention it was late, too?  It came to my attention that I was probably reaching a point were I had been over served (Pretty sure I asked the guy where he lived in the city 3 times and the thought of karaoke was becoming attractive which is the OFFICIAL sign I need to be cut off.  In my old age, I've learned to identify these things slowly but surely.)  So I thanked everyone for a fun night and declared it was time for me to head home.  Before I left, the guy I was talking to asked me for my number (This is slightly hilarious to me as I've already mentioned that I asked him where he lived 3 times!)  It was funny, I had been out of it so long, it hadn't even occurred to me that he might want my number.  Why the hell not?  I gave him my number and marched off to the cab.  I heard from him a couple times over the next week.  These kids and the texting nowadays.  It fizzled before it even started, which wasn't a surprise.  The guy was almost 9 years my junior.  Not bad for this old gal though...not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment