Thursday, June 20, 2013

53 : Spend Time with Your Kids (Part 2)

How many times had I been with my kids but not really been present?  Life was always so busy like that.  We worked to get to the weekend and then on the weekend we were rushing to get it all in before we had to go back to work.  That is often how I felt at least.  I found myself so busy with the day to day tasks that accompanied raising kids that I often lost sight of what was happening right in front of me.  Losing my husband, forced me to adjust this about myself.  I already wrote spend time with your kids (see post #11) but I needed to be reminded to be present in that moment.  I wanted to enjoy whatever it was we were doing at that exact moment.  My children were 2+ years and 6+ months.  Everything about them was changing so quickly, that if I turned around I could miss it.  These amazing little people were changing daily right before my eyes.  I refused to get lost in my grief and miss out on what was happening right in front of me.  I would spend time with them and I would be present in the moment (as much as possible...)

No comments:

Post a Comment