Thursday, June 27, 2013

60 : Change All Your Pictures

There came a day during my LOA (see post #6) that I walked into my house face to face with a framed family picture.  It hurt and disgusted me at the same time to see.  We were no longer a happy family.  I slowly walked around my apartment and took inventory of how many pictures included my husband (soon to be ex).  I had to replace them immediately.  We would always be in each others lives because we had children together.  But I didn't need to see his face every day in my own home.  I went online and had several pictures printed to replace those that were framed.  I spent the afternoon switching out photos.  I knew that he would always be their dad (see post #54) but I also knew that I didn't need to see his face in order to positively encourage that relationship.  Just changing out the pictures felt so good.  It was now MY house, he didn't need to be visible here.  This was a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment