Wednesday, June 26, 2013

59 : Reclaim Your Space

During one of my weekends when the boys were with their dad, I began to feel the itch to switch things up a bit.  It was one of those mornings where I was all wired on coffee and had the whole day to myself to do whatever I wanted to do - how often was that?  I started looking around my apartment and decided to make some changes. I went into the den (also known as "nana's room") and started cleaning things out. This led to the closet in the den which housed much of my ex's stuff.  While it had not been my intention to pack his s**t up, I started doing it.  From there I turned the daybed around and moved all the kids toys into the room.  With the daybed blocking the closet there was no possible danger in sight.  Beautiful!  I now had a play room for my boys.  I could leave the french doors open to the room and suddenly my apartment felt bigger.  I continued onto the main room and then into my bedroom.  I moved a couple things around and gathered anything that was his to put into the boxes.  Before I knew it I had almost 6 boxes of his stuff ready to be moved out.  One by one I  carried the boxes out of my apartment and left them under the stairs.  God it felt good to get his stuff out.  After a little more organizing and putting stuff away, I looked around at my "new" place with pride.  I went on my patio, light a cigarette (see post #47) and smiled to myself.  So long Mother F***ker!



No comments:

Post a Comment