Saturday, June 29, 2013

62 : Trust Yourself

Over the past several months, I had endured a great deal of change.  My husband left me.  I was in the process of getting a divorce.  I had taken a leave of absence from work (see post #6) and then I had returned (see post #43).  I had no idea what my future looked like and I was just trying to let the universe guide me as to where I should be.  Then I learned my landlord was going to sell my apartment.  I had been doing my best to just take things one day at a time (see post #56) but I was now at a crossroads and had to make a decision.  Would I stay in Chicago?  Would I move back to Michigan? Was this the sign that I had been asking for?  I had been spending every waking minute looking for a new apartment.  I wasn't putting my efforts into finding a new job out of state, I was focusing on finding a place to live.  Here.  In Chicago.  I knew that there were many benefits to being in Michigan and being closer to my family, but everything inside of me was urging me to stay put.  I needed to get through the divorce and minimize the other changes in my life.  I was wanted at my job.  I was needed at my job.  It made me feel good, and that was something I needed in my life at this point.  Not to mention all the wonderful friends I had here who were urging me to stay.  I realized at that moment I didn't need a sign, that my gut was already telling me what to do.  I just needed to trust myself.  I still didn't know what the future held, but I knew that staying in Chicago was where I needed to be right now.  The rest would all come together in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment