Friday, May 3, 2013

5 : Get Really REALLY Drunk

Okay, so alcohol is not necessarily the best way to deal with a very fragile emotional state.  But again, this is 365 ways, and alcohol has certainly been one of them.  As you can imagine, my life was a little chaotic at this point and I was in need of a drink, or two or ten.  I made sure my children were properly taken care of for the night and went out with my best girlfriends.  We started off at dinner.  Cocktails.  Wine.  Another bottle of wine.  I think I just got a dirty look from the table next to us.  A third bottle of wine. Are we getting loud?  I can't tell.  Yup, the people at the table next to us are glaring at us.  Do you think our server hates us?  I can't tell. Our server definitely hates us.  Is that our server? I think it's time to get going.  The night continued on with another bottle of wine (4th or 5th??) back at my friend's house.  And I think another (6th?)?  Is that Taylor Swift?  Suddenly music is blaring and I'm singing words to a song at the top of my lungs that I didn't even realize I knew.  Dancing.  Singing. More wine (who's counting).  Things are starting to get a little sloppy- I think I just spilled wine on the floor.  Yup, I did.  One friend is cleaning it up.  Another friend is throwing up. More dancing.  Is someone taking pictures?  I just "slipped" and "fell" onto the ground.  Okay, maybe it's time to go to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment