Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2 : Just Get Through the Day

On my best days, I hold myself to a pretty high standard.  I'm a working mom who is highly productive at work and still is there for my family.  In addition, I have a never ending To Do list at home (and I'm embarrassed to admit the sick pleasure I get at accomplishing everything on said list). When my husband first left, I could hardly complete a thought.  Yet, I was responsible for 2 children who needed me and on top of that I still had to function at work. My To Do list was suddenly simplified. Get Out of Bed.  Shower.  Eat something.  I had a friend say to me once, "Just get through the day" and before I knew it, it had become my mantra.  Suddenly I was in pure survival mode.  I had to lower my standards for a while as to what I could accomplish each day.  No guilt for skipping a workout or having a 3rd (okay, 4th) glass of wine on a school night.  NO GUILT.  Just get through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment