Saturday, November 23, 2013

209 : I think this is what they call Closure

In the past week there had been a lot of discoveries.  My Ex now had a girlfriend.  My Ex was now living with said girlfriend.  The girlfriend was a former colleague of my Ex.  When I spoke with my Ex the other day (see post #207), he strongly denied any type of infidelity during our marriage.  As the mother of our children, I will abstain from commenting on that.  I knew, however, what others would think in hearing this and I didn't blame them.  Most importantly though, I wasn't sure it even mattered anymore.  I had been moving on for months.  I was in a different place.  Still, I couldn't express enough how incredibly good I felt having learned all this information.  Sounds crazy, right?  I should've been upset.  I should've been hurt.  I should've been angry.  And I'm not going to say those emotions didn't momentarily pass through me (see post #206) but that was the thing- they had passed almost immediately.  I think it wasn't so much the information I had learned, but the way in which I addressed my Ex. I had spent a week having anxiety about discussing this with my him knowing he might have a less than pleasant reaction.  But we had completed our conversation to my satisfaction.  I even felt like I had the upper hand.  He left the conversation somewhat spinning and I left it feeling free.  It was almost like closure.  It's funny how you spend so much time wanting something and then once you get it,  you realize you no longer need it.  So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment