Thursday, November 14, 2013

200 : Order Your Holiday Cards

Okay, so we had seen the first snowflakes of the season this past week, but it wasn't quite holiday season.  Yet.  Still, it seemed like the reminders were coming earlier and earlier every year.  Sale!  Black Friday!  Save!  Whether it was my mailbox, my inbox or my TV - someone was consistently trying to offer up the deal du jour.  And being a newly single mother of two- I had to be more fiscally responsible than ever, so I appreciated the offers.  There were some good ones.  In fact, the other day, I found the best one yet- a great price on my holiday cards.  I've always been into pictures and specifically I've always put a great deal of thought into my holiday card.  I even had a photo album that showcased every year's card just like my grandma had done (see post #79).  I felt particularly torn this year about the card.  We were a different family than we were a year ago.  Most people receiving the card would know this, but for some reason it was very important to me that this be acknowledged in some way in our holiday greeting.  I'm not talking about writing the long letter about what the kids have been up to this year, etc.  I mean no disrespect to anyone who goes that route with their Christmas cards, but that was not my style.  I just meant that visually, I wanted a picture or pictures that were representative of our new family.  Nobody would think twice if I sent something out that was just the boys.  But I had done that last year and so much had changed since then.  I wanted that change acknowledged.  So I found a couple great shots from my recent shoot (see post #151) with the boys (oldest age 3, youngest age 1).  I found a nice layout that would accommodate a few photos and I put the whole thing together.  I knew it wasn't even Thanksgiving yet but the deal was good and the card was ready.  The holiday season was almost upon us which brought us one day closer to the new year.  I was more than ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment