Tuesday, November 12, 2013

198 : Hurry Up and Wait

I had been doing a pretty good job up to this point of taking every day one day at a time.  I was anxious to know what was next but I couldn't solve it all just yet.  I continued to be open minded. I was considering a move out to the suburbs.  I even found a house that I was interested in renting (see post #138) but unfortunately the price wasn't right initially.  It was probably for the best right now.  I was already committed to a lease.  It was nearing the holidays, which was a difficult time to move no matter what was going on in your life.  I would just stay in the city and enjoy being here while I could.  But then one morning I saw that the house- my house- was now listed online as 'for rent' and the price had been lowered.  It was still higher than what I was able to pay, but the price had indeed lowered.  Would this happen again?  Would the owner be able to find a renter during this strange pre-holiday season?  Would it actually work out that he called me up and took me on my original offer?  Any of it could happen.  I wouldn't know for a while.  I would just have to sit back and wait to see.  I hated waiting.  But I had gotten better over the past year.  This was just another opportunity for me to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment