Monday, November 4, 2013

190 : Get Outside

A little fresh air can go a long way.  Especially after you had spent whole the day before cooped up inside in your pjs (see post #189).  The boys and I woke up today all feeling a little better, a little more rested.  We still had a slow morning but thanks to some motivation from Aunt Jess, we decided it was time to head out for a walk.  Breathing in the fresh outdoor air, made me feel more awake, alive!  My 3 year old took off running down the block, bursting with energy just at the fact that we were outside.  Even my 1 year old was all smiles.  We walked down the block to the nearby park where both boys excitedly ran around in circles.  They were so happy to be outside their reaction alone made me smile.  And also I had to admit, even though I was still sick, it actually felt great to get out.  It was a good reminder how the little things in life- like fresh air- can make such a huge difference in how you feel, your perspective, and just your general health.  We were only out for about 30 minutes and then headed back, but it was a much needed oxygen break for all of us.  It helped to refresh and reset us all for the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment