Sunday, November 3, 2013

189 : Have a Pajama Day

Sometimes, the best days ever are the days that you don’t do anything at all.  And today, that is exactly what we did.  I woke up still feeling a little under the weather and I could see in both of my children’s eyes, they felt the same.  We had breakfast.  I put a movie on at 9:30 in the morning and my kids actually sat and watched some of it.  We built towers with our legos.  We colored at the counter with crayons AND markers.  And I even got my kiddos to help me with the laundry (they loved throwing the clothes in the washer).   Okay, so it also felt like a very long day in many ways, too but that’s probably just because I wasn’t feeling my best.  My boys, however, seemed to love the day.  They paraded around in their pjs like it was Christmas.  They played independently and together with only a couple throw downs in the middle.  We ate homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch.  And yes, my 3 year old helped me make it earlier that day.  This is not something I would like to make a habit of and I am not necessarily encouraging parents around the world to lay around all day with their kids.  But every now and then, it’s sure nice.  And if you are going to go there, make sure you don’t let yourself feel the least bit guilty, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment