Saturday, September 28, 2013

153 : Be Open

So I wasn't going to take it to the extreme and call this the Year of Yes, but I was certainly doing my best to be open minded.  I had tried to say yes (see post #4) to opportunities that came my way.  I had joked with a friend the other day that I had no idea what was ahead of me.  I could be a lesbian by the end of this next year for all I knew.  (Okay, that probably wasn't going to happen, but you never know).  Life had thrown me for a curve this year and I didn't know what to expect moving forward.  Even the week prior, when I was having drinks with my legal team (see post #144)  my attorney told me he had a friend to set me up with.  He described him as a good guy who was tall and successful.  As we sat there, he attempted to pull up a picture to show me and I stopped him right there.  I was already interested by the description, I didn't need to see a photo.  No matter what happened there or with anything else over the next year, I knew I would continue to put myself out there.  I knew I would be open minded.  I knew it wouldn't be easy, but that in the end, I would be okay.  I had already proved that.  So I would just continue marching forward, facing everything that came my way, and be ready for whatever was to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment