Wednesday, September 25, 2013

150 : Accomplish Magnificent Things

A couple months ago, I went away for a weekend with my girlfriends (see post #78).  Have I mentioned I have the greatest friends in the world?  It was my divorce weekend.  One of them suggested we plan it, and while the thought of planning anything at the time was incredibly overwhelming, I went along.  And thank goodness I did.  The original hope was that I would actually be divorced by the time the weekend took place but for various reasons that didn't happen.  We still had a wonderful weekend though and celebrated the beginning of my new life.  The time and company with my girlfriends was the greatest therapy I could ask for.  As if that wasn't enough, my friends gave me a present.  They had each written me a note of inspiration to accompany the gift.  And then came my gift.  It was a necklace packaged with the following message:

Accomplish Magnificent Things
make a wish and put on your necklace.  get ready to accomplish the incredible!  you can do whatever you set your mind and your heart to.  wear your necklace as a reminder that you are capable of anything you imagine.

I've worn the necklace almost daily since I received it.  I love it in design and in it's message.  I also kept the packaging and the cards.  In the past couple months, I will say the good days seem to have outnumbered the bad days.  But when it all starts to feel heavy again, I pull out the box.  I reread the packaging of my necklace and the words of my friends and I'm a brought back to a place of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment