Friday, September 13, 2013

138 : What's Next

Okay, so I was officially divorced (see post #117).  I had committed to staying in my apartment for another year (see post #63).  My son had started school (see post #121).  And I finally delivered my letter and got some closure (see post #137).  So what was next?  Well, right as you think you know what you are doing, suddenly a curve ball comes your way.  A housing opportunity in the burbs suddenly came into the picture.  I was out at a friends the previous weekend and learned that a house just 3 doors down would soon be going on the market to rent.  She encouraged me to walk down there and leave my information.  You never know, right?  So, being the open minded person I am this year, I willing did so.  As we approached the house, I saw a car was in the driveway.  The owner was there.  I ended up meeting him in person.  I provided my information and told him I might be interested if/when he was ready to rent.  But wait, I had a lease?  My son had just started school. I was even considering a move back to Michigan.  Would this work?  I had no idea.  The only thing I knew is that it was just another opportunity for me to consider.  There were so many what if's in the picture surrounding every scenario.  I had to just keep my mind open and see what happened.  It had all worked out up to this point, and it would continue to do so no matter where I lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment