Saturday, September 21, 2013

146 : Retreat to the Burbs

Fortunately for me, my friend's husband was going away on a bachelor party this upcoming weekend.  That meant she was stuck as a single mom for the weekend and what do single moms love more than anything?  Other single moms!  So an invitation was extended for me and the boys to join in on the craziness for the weekend.  They don't say it takes a village for nothing.  It was a true saying.  2 moms and 4 boys was a challenge no matter how you sliced it.  But it was nice to be in it together.  Even if it was just for the weekend, I wasn't doing it alone.  There was some comfort in that.  I was lucky to have such good friends.  I was lucky that at a young age my boys already had lifelong friends.  No matter how lonely I felt on occasion, I was reminded that I wasn't really alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment