Saturday, September 14, 2013

139 : Go to Chinatown for lunch

Life had gotten rather crazy over the past year.  Work was busy.  Home was busy.  How was I supposed to manage it all?  Typically I arrived at work between 8:30-9 so that I could hit the ground running each day.  And that I would.  I would run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to accomplish it all.  I'd sit at my desk at eat lunch while working in an effort to get everything done so that I could leave work close to 5 and return to my boys.  Well not today.  My boys were going to spend the weekend with their dad, and I was in desperate need of a break during the day.  I headed down to my favorite spot in Chinatown with a colleague I had not seen in a while to catch up on everything.  It was so nice to get out during lunch just to break up my day!  And to catch up with an old friend for some fresh perspective only made my lunch all the better.  It was something I wouldn't be able to do on a regular basis, but I appreciated the fact that I was able to do it that day. And I'd try my best to continue to do so when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment