Thursday, September 12, 2013

137 : Give Your Ex the Letter

I had written a letter to my Ex many months ago (see post #66).  At the time, I was very confused about what had transpired between us.  I knew I would never get the answers I was looking for, but I had to write it out as a way to work through my feelings.  So much time had passed since I originally wrote the letter.  I debated about whether or not to even pass it along.  At one point, I realized I no longer needed to share it.  I had come to a place of peace.  I still didn't understand what had happened, but I no longer cared as much.  I had moved on.  And then the divorce was official.  And I decided finally...once and for all...to deliver my letter.  I wasn't giving him the letter for him.  I was doing it for me.  I wanted that closure.  Whether he read it or got anything out of it, no longer mattered.  I said what I needed to say and I was done.  I was moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment