Friday, September 6, 2013

131 : Break the Seal

Well, it happened.  No, not THAT!  THAT will not be shared in this blog.  (Come on, I need something to myself, okay?)  I just meant I kissed someone. Actually he kissed me.  Or we kissed.  However you want to say it - there were kisses.  I was out with some friends a couple weeks ago and before I knew it, a 'happy hour' turned into 'a night out' which eventually became 'time to go home'.  One of the guys I was out with happened to live near me, so we decided to share a cab.  And yes, I believe I actually thought that was all that was happening.  And then he kissed me.  It was funny (not the kiss!) but just that I was surprised by it a little.  I mean he was a nice, good looking, decent guy.  And I wasn't all that bad either, right?  Why should this surprise me?  Well it did for some reason.  Maybe because I had been with the same person for so many years and I hadn't as much as kissed anyone since he left.  (That may be pathetic to some, but ultimately I knew what was best for me during my fragile emotional state.  And sleeping around - not that I've ever been that type or even had the time for that matter - would not have helped.  So instead nothing had happened.  Until now.)  So we kissed.  Woo Hoo!  I was moving on!!!!  Okay, really...it was totally innocent  and I had no idea if it would happen again or not.  And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised either way.  After what I had been through in the past year, I had learned that life was certainly unpredictable like that.  I know I enjoyed it in the moment and that's all that really mattered.  I would just remain open to whatever came my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment