Wednesday, September 11, 2013

136 : New Day

Monday was one of those days.  The kitchen sink faucet head snapped off before I left for work.  My nanny texted me later to let me know the washing machine wasn't working.  I reached out to my property manager several times without any response.  When I got home that night, I learned that mold was resurfacing in the bathroom, saw my youngest had a black eye from our fall the other day (see post #133), my older son peed on the rug and finally I sat down to blog only to find my internet connection was down.  I wanted so desperately to have something positive to say in that moment, but I didn't (see post #135). Then the new day started and I could suddenly feel the weight of everything lifted slightly off my shoulders.  Why?  I'm not sure.  The problems were still there.  After a good night's sleep though, I could see them for what they really were.  Small, annoying, irritating tasks that needed to be managed on top of my already very long list of things I was responsible for.  That's all though.  Tasks.  I could manage that.  After what I had been through in the past year- was I really going to let THAT stuff get to me?  I had faced family, friends and colleagues through the most difficult and humiliating experience of my life.  I had been betrayed by my best friend, partner and love.  I had hit rock bottom and yet still seem to be standing on both feet.  Somehow.  A couple apartment malfunctions were certainly inconvenient, but they were nothing in the face of what I had already survived.  I made my list of what I needed to get done and knew without a doubt I would conquer it just like I had done with everything else.  Oh what promise a new day could bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment