Thursday, September 19, 2013

144 : Have Drinks with Your Legal Team

I was in the process of getting back to me.  The old me.  And a forever changed new me.  Either way, I would continue to be out there and open.  Drinks with the legal team?  You got it. There was nothing cool about getting a  divorce.  Well, except that I could use the phrase 'legal team'.  I thought that was pretty cool.  One day a few months ago, we were in the middle of the annoying back and forth between my Ex and his lawyer- I asked my attorney if we could go out for a drink once this was all done.  She laughed and said sure.  So I held them to it.  The papers had been signed.  This sh*t was done.  We needed to celebrate.  I enjoyed telling people the whole week leading up to this that I was having drinks with my legal team that night.  That's right, not just my lawyer...my legal team.  Should I say that again?  Okay, in reality they had helped me through a very difficult time in my life and I felt a little connected to them because of it.  (Financially I still WAS connected to them, but that was besides the point.)  It couldn't hurt to keep the ties.  You never knew who they were connected with - as in, YES I did ask flat out if they had any eligible bachelors to set me up with (and there may have been one potential guy mentioned).  At the end of the day, they too were ready to raise a glass and celebrate this case being closed.  And they even picked up the tab.  What more was there to say?  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment