Thursday, September 5, 2013

130 : You too, huh?

There was a new guy that started in my office not too long ago who seemed pretty cool.  I'm not saying that in an 'I have a crush on him' type of way at all- I literally just mean he seemed like a friendly, level headed, cool guy to work with.  Mind you, I worked in a creative environment where there were a lot of emotional, irrational and egotistical personalities to balance.  So it was nice to add one to the mix that seemed friendly, level headed and pretty cool (so far at least).  We got to talking a few times and I learned that he had a 1 year old son.  I noticed that he wasn't wearing a wedding ring at the time, too but hey we're creatives - people are doing all sorts of unconventional things these days.  A week later we had a conversation about our weekends and he made mention of his Ex.  There he said it.  He had an Ex.  And a son that wasn't even 2.  Now I didn't know this guy all that well, and since he was a colleague (and not even as close as an acquaintance yet) it would've been totally out of line to ask questions about his situation.  But I have to admit, I did somehow feel comforted to hear that he too had a very young child and he too had an Ex.  I'm sure his situation was totally different than mine, but it's not like that mattered.  Just to know that there were other people out there in a somewhat similar situation gave me comfort.  I'm not proud of that - I wouldn't wish this on anyone - but that's still how I felt.  It was reassuring to know that it wasn't only me.  I wasn't completely alone.   I would be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment