Thursday, September 26, 2013

151 : Reframe Your Family

For my oldest son, I properly noted each milestone with photos.  We went to Target and captured the 3 month picture.  Then the 6 month.  I skipped the 9 month shot but then when he turned 1 year I scheduled a photo session with a photographer to capture our whole family.  The pictures were beautiful and I framed several throughout our apartment.  And then number 2 came along.  I tried my best to be diligent with this one as well - at least in capturing the milestones.  Back to Target for the 3 month pictures (in the same outfit I'd captured my older son in at that age, even though #2 was busting out of it).  There was a slight delay in going for the 6 month pictures (hey- give me a break.  My husband had up and left me!)  It was closer to 7 months that I got it taken care of.  And then the 1 year mark came and again I wanted to hire the same photographer to capture our family.  Although this time, it was a different family.  The shots he had previously taken were no longer visible in our place because that family unit no longer existed.  We were still a 3 pack, but the members had changed.  It was just the boys and I.  Fortunately, my photographer was a family friend so he required no explanation for the situation.  We met at the park, and in his candid and artist fashion, he snapped his camera for over an hour of the 3 of us.  While I hadn't seen the proofs yet, I was confident my goal had been met and I was excited to showcase our new family portraits within our home.  It may have seemed like a small change, but from my perspective this was still a positive step in moving forward with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment