Tuesday, October 1, 2013

156 : Be Fabulous

We all knew that woman.  The fabulous type. The one that was always on time.  Prepared for any situation.  Making perfectly healthy food for herself and her kids.  Working out daily.  Planning creative crafts to do with her kids.  Oh, and did I mention she always looked amazing?  Yes, we all knew someone like that.  And we all had probably cursed that woman on occasion too, while really only trying to conceal our own jealousy.  But the other night, I think I came close to being that  fabulous gal.  I came home from work, so excited to see my kids.  We had been apart over the weekend, so of course we were all anxious to spend some time together.  I got them into their pajamas and was down on the floor with them in a way that seemed effortless (and trust me, that's not always the case).  I was in the moment with them and enjoyed their adorable laughs.  I was calm and patient with them.  I got teeth brushed and had both boys in bed at a decent hour.  And then I threw in 2 loads of laundry.  And it was a Monday!  I had groceries delivered around 8pm and prepared myself a healthy meal of roasted vegetables while also cooking a pot of vegetable soup (delicious and only 2 WW points!)  I felt fabulous at that moment.  Now granted my fabulous may not have been the same as yours, but at that moment, that was how I felt.  I was capable of doing it all.  It didn't always feel easy, but I was doing it!  I was fabulous.  I had mastered self deprivation to an art, so when I actually was that woman, I deserved a little recognition.  Even if it was just on my own blog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment