Monday, October 28, 2013

183 : Be Dramatic

Well, I did it.  I made a dramatic change this weekend.  I wasn't relocating to a new state.  I wasn't even moving into a new apartment.  I was divorced and my life was totally different, but in many ways, I felt the same.  I needed to make a change.  And since moving out of the state or moving to a new apartment were not options at the moment, I decided to go for a change in appearance.  Yup, I colored my hair.  I went for an auburn, chestnut color.  Something fitting for the season instead of my natural blondish/light brown hues.  It was drastic.  It was dramatic.  It was perfect.  I think it's only natural to want to switch things up like this.  Even Carrie Bradshaw went for a new color in Sex and the City the movie (not that she was who I was trying to emulate in any way).  Still, it felt good.  My mom was curious as to how my kids would respond (which was nice because it was something I hadn't even thought of until she mentioned it) but fortunately for me, they recognized me immediately as though nothing had changed.  And nothing really had changed, I was still their loving mama.  I just had a new look going.  If I couldn't wipe the slate entirely clean for a fresh start, this was the closest thing to it.  And boy did it feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment