Wednesday, October 30, 2013

185 : The Things We do for Love

I was woken up by my 3 year old the other morning far too early to start the day.  I told him the alarm hadn't gone off yet and we couldn't get up until the alarm went off.  My son was very much a creature of habit, so he understood this concept.  He settled back into bed (oh yes, he was in my bed) and became quiet.  For like a minute.  And then the questions began.  He asked me if the nanny was going to come that day?  Yes.  He asked me if he had to go to school that day?  Yes.  I reminded him it was not time to talk yet because the alarm hadn't gone off and he was quiet again.  And then more questions.  Could I put his show on?  No, not until the alarm goes off.  It's not time to start the day until the alarm goes off.  Could I go get his milk and his bar? (He liked the kid's Cliff bars- that's what he meant when he said bar).  I told him we were out of bars right now and I had to go to the store to get more that day.  And then I reminded him that it wasn't time to get up and blah blah blah.  He continued to ask questions and finally climbed out of bed himself to go get his bar.  I knew we were out of bars, but I was tired and partially still asleep, so I let him go out to the kitchen by himself, thankful to have a couple minutes of silence.  He came back with a bowl full of teddy grahams- something I did not purchase for him (definitely a grandmother purchase) and certainly something I would not want my child to eat for breakfast.  He was so proud of himself though.  Look Mom!  I have teddy grahams!  He started to count them and I peeked my eye open to assess how accurately he was doing so.  And then in an attempt to limit the number of cookies my 3 year old ate before 6am- I asked him if he would share with me.  And his response was pretty simple.  Mom, can you say please?  Only this guy could charm me in such a way.  So there we were laying in my bed, on my white sheets eating teddy graham cookies before my alarm had even gone off (which was scheduled for 6am!)  It wasn't something I wouldn't do with just anyone. It was true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment