Saturday, October 5, 2013

160 : Take Action

It was October.  11 months after my Ex told me for the first time ever that he was unhappy in our marriage.  10 months after he moved out.  8 months after he filed for divorce.  And a month and a half after my divorce was official.  I was back at my parents house for the weekend.  I had arrived late the night before, and pretty much went straight to bed.  So when I woke up in the morning and saw a large picture of my Ex and I still framed on the wall in my parents home, I felt sick.  I had mentioned this to my mom in the past and I know it was never intentional on my mom's behalf.  Mom, I mean it when I say I know that.  I'm sure it just faded into the background for anyone else that walked into that room.  But for me, I saw it and instantly had a reaction.  And it wasn't one of sadness or anger- it was one of disgust.  My wonderful mom was down in the basement at that very moment entertaining both of my boys- so as I sipped my coffee, I took the frame off the wall and flipped the picture around.  I'd rather see a blank canvas than a reminder of my former life.

No comments:

Post a Comment