Saturday, October 19, 2013

174 : Hibernate

It was getting to be that time of year.  A time when you had to wake up before the sun and it was dark again when you left work at the end of the day.  A time when there started to be a chill in the air and coats came out of the closet.  It was almost time to hibernate.  I'd like to think I was a pretty social person but there was something so comforting about hitting the end of your work week and just coming home.  I liked to get cozy, order in and just relax.  It's almost as though I had worked all week for that moment.  In the summer this same hour was one of celebration with the desire to get out!  But in the fall with the cooler temps and dark skies, there was nothing better than coming home for a night in.  The difference was that this year, I would be coming home putting my kids to bed and then sitting alone on the couch, versus having a partner around like I had in years past.  That's not to say that I couldn't meet someone over the fall or winter- but at the moment, I had not.  And when I did, there would be a new level of complication to it now that there were kids involved.  This was just the start of this long, dark, cold season that easily could have led me down a road of depression.  But instead, I felt totally comfortable being home by myself.  In fact, I preferred to be by myself than with someone insignificant or unworthy of me.  So on that note, it was time to trade in my computer for a glass of wine, a cozy blanket and some quality couch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment