Thursday, October 3, 2013

158 : Sell. Sell. Sell.

I have never been much of a jewelry girl.  Seriously.  I know some women say that and then they have expectations of gifts of big diamonds.  Well I say that and I mean it.  I wore hemp necklaces in college and I was content with one pair of silver hoop earrings for many MANY years.  So when I was dating my Ex initially and he gave me a pair of diamond earrings - it was very unexpected.  I was shocked, but happy to receive them.  This was nothing I had ever asked for (nor did I really care about to be perfectly honest).  But I knew it was something (at the time) that he felt good about giving to me.  So fast forward to our current state of divorce and this pair of earrings that I still had but now felt even less attached to.  I looked around at my legal bills still piling up and realized I had something in my possession that had value to someone other than me.  After a little walking around to several shops, I was offered a decent price and cashed them in.  They had no meaning to me anymore.  I was ready to rid myself of all association to him that I could.  Sell.  Sell.  Sell.  Get it all out.  Start fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment