Friday, October 4, 2013

159 : It's Good to be Needed

I'm back at my parents house visiting for the weekend.  My goal was to arrive Thursday evening so that both of my boys would travel during their normal bed time and just sleep the whole way.  And for the most part, that's what happened.  But upon arrival, they got excited to see their Grandparents and both in their own ways refused to go back to sleep.  So my aspirations of having them asleep and sitting peacefully with a glass of wine and blogging at my parents house turned into a balancing act of both boys - neither of which willing to give me up whatsoever.  After a failed 'cry it out' attempt with my younger son, I finally gave in.  I whipped this blog together and had to put my machine away for the night.  I was the mom.  I was needed.  And no matter what, I couldn't deny, it was good to be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment