Tuesday, July 30, 2013

93 : Be Inspired by Others

I was watching the CBS Sunday morning show the other day, and saw a segment that really struck a cord with me.  It was the story of photographer, Mark Hirsch.  He spoke about the challenges life had thrown him, and how he became lost.  While his situation was not at all related to mine, I was inspired at his ability to heal himself.  He randomly took a photo of a tree near his home, and turned it into a year long photography project called, "That Tree".  The photos themselves were beautiful, but for me it was the story of healing and renewal that was the most powerful.  It was so simple.  It was just a picture of a tree.  But through creativity and persistence, he was able to turn it into something magical.  I was encouraged in watching this to know that it was possible.  I was trying to get there myself, and while I hadn't yet arrived, this was just the motivation I needed to keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment