Monday, July 29, 2013

92 : Get a Mani/Pedi

So what woman didn't enjoy going for a manicure/pedicure?  Not many.  I will say though, that since I had kids, this was not quite the same.  I always felt like there was never enough time.  So much so, that if I actually had time or made time to go get my nails done, I often felt stressed that I needed to quickly finish to get back to the kids (or to work:).  The stress always seemed to outweigh the pleasure in going.  And then my husband left me.  And suddenly I found myself alone every other weekend, with all the time in the world.  I did my best to learn how to enjoy time to myself (see post #58 & #90).  One of those ways, was to treat myself to a mani/pedi.  There was nothing to rush home for, so I could bring my US Weekly and literally zone out.  I found the zoning to be almost more of a treat than the mani/pedi itself.  Getting my nails done wasn't going to heal my heart necessarily, but doing something for myself was a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment