Sunday, July 21, 2013

84 : Look to Those Who Have Been Through It

There was a guy I worked with who went through a nasty divorce a few years back.  He was a good guy and I liked working with him, but I wasn't all that close with him outside of work. I am not privy to all the details of their separation, but from what I understand, the woman he married turned out to be someone very different than who he thought she was.  They divorced just after a couple years of being married and I remember feeling sad for him when I heard this news.  Years later he began dating someone from work.  She was great.  One of those women that everyone liked, immediately.  She was happy.  Sincere.  A ray of sunshine.  I often smiled to myself as I saw them together knowing what he had been through.  Good for him.  And then my husband left me.  I took of leave of absence from work (see post #6).  I needed time to process and heal.  Eventually, I returned to work (see post #43) and learned that not only was this couple still together, but they were in the process of moving in together.  I didn't even know either of them all that well, but in looking at them you could just tell they were truly happy together.  I reminded myself how he too had gone through a painful divorce and now he was on the other side of it all with a wonderful, better partner.  It made me happy to see them.  It reminded me there were good people out there and things happened for a reason.  I still didn't know what this all meant for me, but I felt reassured that maybe one day I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment