Saturday, July 27, 2013

90 : Enjoy Time to Yourself (Part 2)


Well, I must have been making some progress because as the weekend approached, I began to feel excited at the thought of having time to myself.  Yes, I had a never ending to do list.  Yes, I had wonderful friends that wanted to hang with me.  Yes, I have a healthy group of colleagues that would've been happy to grab drinks that Friday after work. But it was just nice to know that I had that weekend to myself and I didn't have to plan a damn thing.  I could decide at the last second.  I spent every day planning everything down to a T with my kiddos- I loved the thought of just seeing what I felt like doing and doing it in that moment.  This was so strange for me.  But as a result of all of this, I was changing in certain ways and this was one.  I liked having time to myself.  I looked forward to it.  I needed it.  And having that time made me all the better when my kids returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment