Sunday, July 14, 2013

77 : Keep Writing

From time to time I found myself overwhelmed just at the thought of keeping up with my blog.  I was a soon to be divorced, single mother working full time and trying to take care of two kids.  On top of that I had committed myself to writing daily as I worked through this life transition and emotional roller coaster.  How in the world would I keep this up?  How much more did I have to say?  But every time, right when I thought I was fresh out of ideas, something came across my way that inspired me.  My kids.  My friends.  My Family.  My colleagues.  Even strangers on the street.  Writing continued to help me process things.  To help me heal.  It made me realize things all too regularly that I should be thankful for.  And I was consistently impressing myself with my ability to do so.  I had written and published 76 posts!  That alone made me feel proud and provided motivation to continue.  I would keep writing.  I may not ever win any awards here, and I may not ever get my book deal (although I was still hoping) but I was healing myself one day at a time.  And for that, I would keep writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment