Monday, July 22, 2013

85 : Have Dinner with an Old Friend

The other night, I had dinner with my oldest friend.  We met somewhere around age 7 and 30 years later, we remained close.  Despite the fact that we were living in separate states, we kept in touch pretty regularly.  She was aware of everything going on in my world, and I tried my best to keep up with her world (although, admittedly at the time I was not as good as she was).  She came into town the other week for a visit, and as tradition we had planned to partake in a good meal.  We headed to our destination, ordered our first cocktail (Moscow Mule) and started with the black eyed peas appetizer that had been raved about on Yelp. No matter how much time had passed, we were always able to pick things up again right where we left off.  And I always loved seeing her.  It was like therapy.  She listened, challenged me, grounded me, offered advice and always brought a fresh point of view on things.   As we moved onto our 2nd cocktail (Pimm's Cup) we shared the most recent updates in our lives.  How I valued this time together and I knew she felt the same way.  It was so fun to catch up (over a great meal!) and get a little perspective on life from someone that wasn't as close to it on a daily basis. After the 3rd drink (wine...of course!) we wrapped up.  The night had been just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment