Sunday, July 7, 2013

70 : Sleep In

One of the advantages of getting a divorce was the new sense of freedom I had. Granted, this was not at all what I had wanted in life, but that didn’t stop it from happening. As I mentioned in earlier posts, I tried to enjoy the time to myself (see post #58). I tried to do things I couldn’t do before (see post see post #65). I tried to focus on myself as much as possible and take care of myself whenever I could. I found that one of the things I needed more than anything was rest (see post #34). I was so stressed about everything happening in my life that I had difficulty sleeping most nights. Then I would spend my days in a daze. I did my best to capitalize on the time I had to myself. I napped during the day. I slept in as long as I wanted. One day I actually slept in until 1pm (yes, 1 in the afternoon) which is something I most likely had not done since the 80s. I didn’t realize how run down I had become but my body knew best. I could have survived without that extra rest, but if I had the time I might as well take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment