Thursday, July 25, 2013

88 : Cook Some Shrimp

365 ways to get back to you?  Well for me, eating shrimp was definitely one of them.  My husband (soon to be ex) was extremely allergic to shrimp.  Extremely Allergic.  This was unfortunate for me because I loved seafood.  I know, I know.  When you're happy and in love you are more than willing to make sacrifices for that person.  It's not like I couldn't ever eat shrimp (or scallops, clams, crab or mussels)  but I certainly couldn't cook them at home.  And even when I did eat them if we were out, there was always a conscious effort to make sure nothing came even close to him, so it's not like it was all that enjoyable.  And then my husband left me.  And suddenly I had the freedom to cook shrimp at home again.  Now mind you, this was not the first thing that crossed my mind. But I did think of it one day and from there on out, I made an effort to make a shrimp dish almost every week.  It wasn't out of anger. It wasn't out of spite.  It was just another step in reclaiming my life.  So I worked shrimp back onto the regular menu and I've got to say, it never tasted so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment