Friday, July 5, 2013

68 : Get Lost in a Good Book

I could admit it. My literary interests were not very broad. I had one author in which I followed religiously: Elin Hilderbrand. Her books were fiction and all held the common thread of being set in Nantucket. I had lived there for 2 summers in college and felt forever attached to the island. My girlfriends and I all too often reminisced about our time there and remembered those summers to be some of the best of our lives. I had read all of Elin’s books and was always waiting for the next to be released. Reading her books took me away from my own life for a while. Her characters were always so familiar and relatable, I almost felt like I knew them. The books themself wouldn’t help heal my heart, but they did remind me of a happier time in my life. I would get there again. All in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment