Saturday, July 13, 2013

76 : Sign the Papers

We were nearing the end.  After all the happiness, the pain, the back and forth between each other and attorneys - here were the final divorce papers prepared for me to sign.  I was the first.  They would be sent to him to sign next and after that the process was rumored to be rather quick.  I couldn't help feeling emotional as I read through the final draft and put my signature on the bottom.  This was it.  This was the end of a chapter.  Even though I imagined myself happy again in the future (see post #75), I still felt incredibly sad to be signing my name.  After everything we had been through, I could not believe that things would end this way.  I knew it wasn't my choice, and I knew it wasn't my fault.  But I was still sad.  I allowed myself to cry and reflect on everything one last time (or so I hoped) and then I did my best to let it go.  Something bigger, better and brighter was most certainly ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment