Sunday, March 30, 2014

335 : Enjoy Some Couch Time

Yesterday was a successful Saturday by my standards.  I was woken up earlier than my body would've naturally stirred, but I adjusted quickly.  My boys moved slowly as well as we all transitioned into the morning.  We left the house at 8:45 to make our way to get haircuts since I hadn't found time to schedule appointments and needed to be there promptly when the place opened.  My oldest got the pink car he wanted (because that was the only vehicle that had a door that actually opened!)  My youngest was happy in the train.  We went grocery shopping without any meltdowns.  And finally, I took the two to an late breakfast/early lunch because they had been asking to go to a "restaurant" since last Thursday.  I was able to order, eat and pay with the minimal amount of sweating.  When we got home, all three of us settled on the couch to watch a show for a few minutes before naps.  And then it happened.  They both layed down and cuddled into me- my youngest with his thumb in his mouth.  It only lasted a moment, but it was perfect.  The three of us together all snuggling after a successful morning.  Just a mama and her boys.  I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment