Thursday, March 13, 2014

318 : Goodbye Shiny Diamond

I sold my engagement ring this week.  It wasn't emotional in the least, either.  It was a transaction.  A business transaction.  I had held onto the ring for a little over a year after my Ex initially moved out.  Admittedly, I was still wearing it part of that time, but eventually I decided I was ready to take it off (see post #69).   I didn't want to make any type of emotional decision like selling it right away.  And also I wasn't sure if there would be a time down the road that I would want it (maybe for my boys?) or even worse that I would be in need of the money.  Fortunately for me, I never reached that point.  I did, however, mentally decide one day that I was ready to sell it and now was the time.  (These things just hit me sometimes!)  I did some preliminary research online and then took it to a couple jewelers in person.  My dad even asked around in Michigan with a jeweler friend of his who confirmed the value.  I was given a check on the spot and it was all done.  And as  walked out the door, I realized I felt pretty good.  Better yet, I felt great.



No comments:

Post a Comment