Thursday, March 27, 2014

332 : All of Me

I came across a song the other day that resonated with me for some reason.  I'm slightly embarrassed to share what the song was, but in truth I've put so much of myself out there in this blog, I don't know why now I am feeling that hesitancy.  Okay, Fine!  The song was 'All of Me' by John Legend.  To clarify, I don't listen to John Legend normally- I don't even know any of his songs besides this one.  But I heard it on the radio and there was something to the words that spoke to me.  It was romantic.  It was endearing.  I didn't know exactly why this song, but I knew I loved it somehow.  I think perhaps the fact that I felt something in hearing it gave me hope that it was possible to feel again at some point.  I wanted to have faith and trust and belief in love still but the truth was I had been betrayed in the worst way in the past.  As much as I was open to meeting someone, I was also guarded and wanted to protect myself.  But hearing this song…made me know that I wanted that for myself again. At some point.  There was no rush.  And there was no need to be at any certain point at this particular moment.  Just knowing that I could feel something through words of a song, gave me hope that perhaps I could feel that way again.  One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment