Sunday, March 9, 2014

314 : Prioritize Yourself

My Ex came to pick up my boys yesterday so the day was all mine.  Well, mine and my mother's- I was lucky to have her company for the weekend.  I had so many things I wanted to accomplish as I often did the weekends the boys were with their dad.  I needed groceries.  My apartment needed to be cleaned.  Like really cleaned.  Laundry.  I had to get a snack for my son's school for next Tuesday.  Drop clothes off at the dry cleaner.  WRITE!  The list went on and on.  We did make it out to Target that morning, but as we were approaching the register, I realized I was quickly losing speed.  I felt completely exhausted.  My week had been non stop.  Work was demanding.  My kids were demanding.  When was the last time I had just sat down and had a moment to myself to relax?  I couldn't remember.  We went home after Target, ate some lunch and then I settled on the couch.  I began to justify my choice to my mother (really myself) because I knew there were so many other things I should be doing at that very moment.  And then my mom reminded me how I needed to take care of myself.  That was part of the benefit of having the weekends without my kids.  So I cuddled into the couch and shut my eyes.  I must have truly needed to rest because I was out for almost 4 hours.  The rest of the tasks would just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment