Thursday, March 6, 2014

311 : It's Good to Be Needed

My mom came into town last night.  My boys were excited all day at the thought of seeing Nana.  I actually had plans that night and was looking forward to getting a little break from my daily responsibilities.  I came home, though, and was instantly bombarded with motherly duties.  My youngest had been battling a slight cold and woke up coughing.  This led to some crying and when I went to check on him it woke up his older brother.  They both became more alert at the sight of me, as I had not put them to bed earlier.  My oldest immediately wanted to go into my bed and sleep with me (no surprise there) but it was my youngest that seemed to be the most out of sorts.  Perhaps he was partly asleep still, but the cold he was battling didn't seem to help much.  My mom offered to help, but the little guy just wanted me.  There wasn't much more to say other than it was good to be needed.  Very good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment